您现在的位置:检察风云>> 环球法治>> 原刊译文

朝鲜向世界发出混杂信息

   Only days after generating global headlines by welcoming Dennis Rodman and the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team, North Korea recaptured the limelight by threatening to renew hostilities with South Korea and the US


     Tightening of UN sanctions in January after a satellite launch the previous month was an attempt to stifle the country, Pyong­yang said. North Korea has been banned from such use of ballistic missile tech­nol­ogy since a 2006 nuclear test. It says it should be as free as any state to have “peaceful” use of technology. Recent quirky news items could also be seen to reinforce North Korea’s argument. 

      In January Eric Schmidt, Google’s chairman, made a well-publicised Pyongyang visit. He was filmed visiting a computer suite at KimIl-sungUniversity. Last month North Korea started to offer a 3G mobile data service to foreign visitors, who began to upload photographs and Twitter posts from the country. 

      But international media were most intrigued by the visit of Mr Rodman. The retired sports star was photographed sitting and chatting with Kim Jong-eun during a basketball game, making him the first US citizen known to have met the North Korean leader since Mr Kim took power in December 2011. 

        Daniel Pinkston, an analyst for the International Crisis Group, said the visit might have been meant as part of a “honeymoon strategy” by the new leader, despite angry exchanges over weapons development. 

        “They have a lot of pride and seek prestige and recognition as a normal country,” Mr Pinkston said. “This is part of the message that . . . ‘We’re just like anybody else, we’re no different, and we need to be treated a ccordingly’.” 

        Television footage suggests that the two men spoke informally and with the help of an interpreter. Mr Rodman said Mr Kim had indicated his willingness to talk to the US

         “He wants [President Barack] Obama to do one thing: call him,” Mr Rodman said in an interview with ABC News. 

         That suggestion was brushed off by a White House spokesman, Jay Carney, who stressed that the US already “has direct channels of communication” with Pyongyang

        Yet on Tuesday Pyong­yang threatened to cut an emergency telephone hotline, linking North Korean forces with the US military command in South Korea, if the US and South Korea were to proceed with joint military manoeuvres. An exercise began on Friday and another, involving about 13,500 troops, will start on March 11. 

        North Korea said this “undisguised military provocation” would prompt it to “completely declare invalid” the 1953 armistice that ended fighting in the Korean war. But it had already stated in May 2009 that it regarded the armistice as void. That came after South Korea had responded to Pyongyang’s second nuclear test by vowing to search ships suspected of carrying suspicious cargoes to the North. 

        Mr Pinkston said North Korea appeared to have recently moved military assets away from the South Korean border for its own exercises, suggesting that it was not preparing for war. 

 

(译文见下一页)


共2页 您在第1页 首页 上一页 1 2 下一页 尾页 跳转到页 本页共有14573个字符
作者: 来源:金融时报 发布时间:2013年03月20日

■本刊已被《中国期刊全文数据库》、《万方中国数字化期刊群》、《龙源期刊网》、《汉王书城》收录,作者文章著作权使用费已随本刊稿酬一起给付。如作者不同意文章被收录,请在来稿时向本刊声明。 ■本刊反对一稿多投,凡属一稿多投者,一经发现,将停发稿酬。本网所有文章、图片若需转载必须注明来源,违者必究。 ■欢迎读者对本刊印刷、装订质量进行监督,凡发现本刊有印刷、装订质量问题,请致电021-64723180本刊发行部,本社将给予奖励并负责调换。 ■监督电话:021-61851212
  相关信息
没有相关内容